Thursday, July 19, 2012

Queen...I mean Empress of the Road!!

I am actually learning the geography here now...
and those of you who have EVER been in a car with me know that is saying a lot!!!  I am walking this city of connected neighborhoods, with no street signs, hell NO SIGNS I can read at all!!!  Tokyo navigation is based on landmark sky-rise buildings mostly, and all buildings are numbered based on WHEN they were built, not where, so not remotely helpful.

I have been lost more often than not, with no language and no constant except the position of the sun in the sky, so I am forced to FEEL the city and find my way home.  This is so not me, but soooo cool when I find my house again!!!!!!  With my screwed up American horrible-plan AT&T phone, I have had no choice but to learn by walking 18 extra miles if needed.   And on the phone thing, my friends, PUHLEEEEESE get What'sApp if you can on your SmartPhones so we can text for free.  I miss all of you!!!


OK so we went to Harajuku, the VERY cool place to be if you are not as old as I am. G fell in love and has been back every day since...on his own.  He is my happy wanderer.  Here are a few shots from our Sunday journey:


So here we are in Ebisu on our way to adventure in Harajuku:
G chases a creature...
G catches a creature?  G is a mystery.
 A studies maps with Mommy.
A with...a creature???

OK...so THIS is cool dude alley, or Takeshita Street in Harajuku.  G totally ditched me to gawk and take pictures.  Bizarre outfits, weird hair, crazy tatoos, goth, punk....so mixed up.
Boys didn't seem to hang out with girls so much as want to look like girls...boys wear skirts, hold right arm with left arm and pretend they are robots and can't see you....I am SO not impressed and told my beautiful blond son to become a monk.
Live eels on a street corner bravely waiting to be eaten for dinner
Way closer to home now...Ralph Lauren-Tokyo!
JE being walked home by her sweet, loving, bruuver!!






No comments:

Post a Comment