Monday, July 16, 2012

Baking Bad...perfect name for my possible cooking show!



 In my great ambition to spend less, save more, and avoid getting ripped off  (thank you Clark Howard), I have been trying to learn to bake bread.  Don't get me wrong, you can find good bread here in the nice French bakeries, but we eat LOTS of bread.  Just trying to do my part and learn a new skill at the same time!!!
     I just made my first attempt here in Tokyo...I am going to blame the problems to the extreme humidity.  The loaf just came out of the oven.  Might taste okay.  Just did not rise very impressively.
JE says it looks like a horseshoe crab.  So I will keep trying!!!!

   

     Speaking of perfect baking,  I promised more info on some of our dining out experiences, so first I'll share the scoop on our adored Pizzakaya, a California pizza cafe,  a short walk from our home to Roponngi!

     The awesome pizza and appetizers are enough reason to go, but the bonus here is you get dinner and a MOVIE!!!!

     Derek is the friendly owner,  seen here flirting with a pretty baby girl.  They serve a wonderful appetizer called Garlic Marbles.  I'm not sure if my son, G, likes the tangy garlic bread knots as much as he likes asking Derek, "Can I have your balls?"  Followed later by, "My dad doesn't have any balls...Can you bring him some?"  Some things never change.

Pizzakaya's Garlic Marbles
     I thought my favorite meal there was the Pizzakaya Gourmet Combo (Pepperoni, sausage, bacon, ham, mushroom, olive, green pepper, onion, tomato),  but last time there I tried the Fresh Tomato Basil Mozzarella pizza, and it is definitely a contender!!                           
                             

Gourmet Combo
Fresh Tomato Basil Mozzarella


     
                                 
                                       Derek and pretty Miss R                    Pizzakaya

I had great intentions of posting more tonight, but after numerous technical difficulties and a teenage son telling me he is TOO busy to help,  I am tired beyond words and will try again tomorrow!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment