Saturday, July 21, 2012

Southern Living in Tokyo

Okay, I know my house is no Southern Living magazine...but I'm Southern and I have a pulse...so I am allowed to say that!!

I am almost finished with my Hiroo house now...hanging pictures has been the toughest part and I hope to get them all up today.
There are special little hooks we are allowed to use on the walls, but the instructions are in Japanese, so I destroyed several before I figured them out.
I'll go out later to buy more at Tokyo's answer to Home Depot...Tokyu Hands!!!

This store is my new favorite discovery!!!!
I'm posting more photos of my rooms for you anyway...just please overlook the leaning pictures or LACK of pictures for now!

Living Room

My office...where I am sitting now writing to all of you.

Kitchen and door to back patio

Master Bedroom and door to downstairs patio
(Pictures still sitting on bedside tables)

Master Bedroom and door to small balcony overlooking trees and city
Upstairs Patio off Kitchen

Stairway and my little "library"

G's room (yes, that is Chipper Jones on the wall!)
Dining Room still in progress...

Tomorrow we are going to take an hour long train ride to Kamakura, which was the Japanese nation's capital for 141 years under the first shogun.  It is home of Daibutsu, the famous giant bronze Buddha, 394 feet tall, created in 1252.
We plan to tour the temples and hit the beach to let the kids have their first look at the Pacific Ocean!!

No comments:

Post a Comment